Stuffed Hrishat are tasty Moroccan bread made of semolina. The word Hrishat is the plural form of Hrisha which is the short form of the very famous Moroccan bread Harsha. They are served in breakfast and evening snacks along with Moroccan tea. The stuffed Hrishat, can make a delicious principle meal. Through this easy recipe, you will have full instructions to make your own.
- ½ kg fine semolina
- 5 gram baking yeast
- Some salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250 gram chicken meat or turkey cut into small cubes
- 2 onions cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp oil
- In a pan, put oil, onions and chicken and let them cook for 5 minutes while stirring then add the spices and let everything cook well.
- At the end add parsley and basil.
- For the Harsha
- Mix the semolina, salt, oil with butter and milk then sand with your fingertips
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add water and collect the dough but do not knead.
- Form smooth dough.
- Make balls from the dough.
- Pat one of the balls using a rolling pin.
- Cut 2 discs using the top of a cup or small bowl.
- Put some stuffing on the middle then cover with the other disk and close the edges.
- Do the same for all the balls.
- Put them in a pan and cook them in the oven.
- Serve with Moroccan tea.