During the days of Eid Aladha, all Morocco families have abundant quantity of meat and most of the dishes served during these happy days are meat based. Moroccans excel in preparing very mouthwatering dishes for this special occasion. In this recipe you will be introduced to a simple and easy way to prepare roasted rib in the very Moroccan way. Follow the steps explained in the recipe and the result will be a fabulous rich and delicious dish.
- 2kg lamb’s rib.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 4 tbsp oil.
- 1 ½ tsp salt.
- 2 tsp cumin.
- ½ tsp black pepper.
- 1 tsp ginger.
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds.
- Some saffron stamens.
- 1 lemon juice.
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic.
- 2 tbsp butter.
- In a bowl mix spices, oil, juice and onion.
- Cut slits randomly into top and sides of the rib.
- Rub the surface and inside of the rib with the mixture of the spices and let them marinate for an hour or more.
- Put enough water in the pot and place it over high heat until boiling.
- Place the rib in a steamer and put the steamer on the pot then let it cook for about an hour and 30 minutes ( until the rib is cooked)
- Take the rib from the steamer and grease the surface with butter and grill it in the oven until it becomes golden brown.
- Serve it in a plate with salads and bread!